Saturday 17 September 2011

Ooops, forgot to update! I never was any good at keeping a diary!

Been a bit slow on the updating - mainly as we have ripped the bathroom out lol, so am spending a lot of time looking at tiles - oh the joy! 


Soooo, we had our first follicle scan, and its good news (yet I am still managing to panic!) 


We have 31 follicles, 13 were measuring over 10 on friday (which is a LOT!) So my medication has been lowered! 


The reason im panicking is, even though this sounds great - and it is, its fantastic - there is a risk of overreacting to the medication. 


This is called Ovarian Hyperstimulation - basically meaning i overacheive (well, that'll be a first lol!) If this happens, the transfer will be cancelled and I may end up in hospital quite poorly :-( Thus why I am panicking! 


I'm hoping this doesn't happen - and am taking all precautions possible. I've done a lot of googling and spoken to a whole load of ladies who have been through it, and have taken their advise. One piece of advice comes up a lot and that is to drink Gatorade, or some other such drinks containing Electrolytes. I've tried this, I even took a bottle to the gym, and my official opinion is - its disgusting, truly awfully disgusting.
So, I bought a powder called dialyte from the chemists - and it actually made me sick! So i'm back on the vile Gatorade - Americans, please, tell me why you drink this? Why?!!!!


Next scan is Monday so I will know more then. I'm hoping my eggs are taking a more 'slow and steady' approach now!


On a side note, I belong to an IVF Support group, and was amazed the other day when a good friend posted a picture of her embryo before transfer - I found that so amazing - mainly, because its like the earliest scan pic ever lol! 
And then it made me a bit sad - for all the scans i've had, i've never seen what i've wanted to see - so, maybe, just maybe, even if the pregnancy doesn't stick when they put it in my womb, maybe i'll have that photo to hold on to. 
I asked in the hospital on Friday whether we could get a picture like that and they said we could - I know its a tiny thing, but it means a lot to me, as silly as it sounds! 


Anyway, sorry for not updating - I can tell you loads about baths, shower enclosures and tiles though lol, I think Hubby is nesting (according to a great friend) he decorated the bedroom last week and now the bathroom! Its gonna look fab! 

4 comments:

  1. Lmao! Oh my gosh I laughed so hard on the gatorade comment. My husband LOVES it. Drinks like 2 a day. I don't care for it much. It's ok.
    As for the follies you know how I feel. I am so praying that all goes well. That your body doesn't over acheive this time and just does as it is told. Can't wait to hear how the next scan goes and I sure would love to see a picture too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless your heart Jenni! If it's not one thing it's another. As I am glad to hear your body did what it is supposed to on the meds, I'm sorry that it decided to over-achieve this time. Hopefully the electrolytes will help!
    As for the Gatorade - nasty vile stuff! I can't stand the taste! They have a clear, non-tasting electrolyte drink for infants/children (pedilite is what I believe they call it here in America) I have drank that myself when I'm dehydrated or ill. I would check into it if I were you. Just make sure to drink it cold.
    :)
    Lots of luv!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think there should be a 'potential nanny ivf support group ' coz after googling the hyperstimulating bit , i feel quite sick.Why is nothing straight forward ? i do love you very much and u keep drinking the electricity thingys xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - mum ^ u r too funny - and i'll suggest that group to my friends - although im sure they wouldnt mind u coming in on one of our groups!
    I tried the diarolyte - thats even worse - uck! I'm gonna persevere though! Its gotta be worth the karma!

    ReplyDelete